Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name The Chadron State Foundation as a beneficiary:
- Contact the administrator of your retirement plan, insurance policy or bank account for a change-of-beneficiary form or simply download a form from your provider's website.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.Get My FREE Guide
See How It Works
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol treasure the financial help they've been able to give their children and Chadron State College over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left The Chadron State Foundation a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because we are tax-exempt, all $75,000 will help support Chadron State College's mission.
If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes—leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
- Contact Ben Watson at 308-432-7007 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support Chadron State College's mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name Chadron State College in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Chadron State Foundation
Address: 1000 Main, Chadron NE 69337
Federal Tax ID Number: 23-7352673